Liebster Award Nominee
Thank you ever so much to learningneverstops for nominating me! I must say that I always read her blog, and you guys should check it out, too!
Here are the mechanics for this:
- Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
~ Thanks, learningneverstops, it means a lot to me.
- Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked, and create 11 questions for your nominees. Scroll further down.
- Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. Scroll further down.
- Display the Liebster Award logo.
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF:
- I am Scottish, Irish, and Native American (Creek, Cherokee, and Blackfoot).
- I am the queen of the house.
- I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, painting, and taking pictures.
- I am terrified of spiders. Don’t even joke with me about spiders because it will give me nightmares. Almost losing your nose to a spider bite is enough to make anyone terrified of them.
- I am a domestic abuse survivor.
- I have Tourette’s and Asperger’s. If I scream for no reason, I am fine. I just have to relieve stress. If I scream at you for pestering me, give me space because you must really be getting on my nerves. (I normally don’t like screaming at people).
- I may be 5 ft 9 in tall, but I am the shortest person in my family. For a matter of fact, my dad used to pick on me in an unusual way. When we first moved into the last house that he lived in, he put extensions on all of the ceiling fan cords except for the one in my room. That way he could laugh at me when I had to jump to reach the cord on my ceiling fan.
- I may not have many close friends, but the friends I have, I keep. When I make a friend, it is for life.
- I think I am hyperactive. I often bounce off of the ceilings and walls. I get no sleep for days on end. I cannot stop doing physical work.
- I collect shot glasses from all of the states and special places that I have visited. I do have to replace some though. I had a lot more, because someone stole them. You know who you are; I have seen them in your house. Made me mad because I like to buy them from the state or place that they come from. I will have to take another trip to Florida, Louisiana, Kentucky, Panama, and Six Flags, Fiesta Texas to replace them. Oh well, should be fun.
- I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world. (and my recipe is very secret). They are never hard or never too soft. I believe the secret is in how you mix them. I never use a mixer or spoon I knead the cookie dough with my hands like I would with my bread or cinnamon rolls.
11 Questions from learningneverstops:
- How would you define yourself?
I am a mother, poet, writer, artist, and photographer. I am a friend, daughter, sister, and wife. I am all these things, but I am just a person with feelings, hopes, dreams, regrets, disappointments, and a past. I am all that my past has made me to be; and no matter how difficult the past was, I still would not change a thing.
- Who is the most important person in your life?
I cannot and would never be able to single it down to a “most important person.” The most important people in my life are my sons and husband, my grandmother, my mother and siblings, my nieces and nephews, and my aunts, uncles, and cousins. Close behind are my friends and all of my brothers and sisters throughout the world.
- What made you happy today?
Currently, I am having coffee and fudge with my sunshine, Damien. He always makes me smile when we have our weekly coffee trip.
- What goes through your head when you wake up in the morning?
I need to pee.
- Are we lucky to be living in this time?
I would say yes because of the technology. However, I’m going to have to say no for other reasons.
We live in a world of increasing violence, increasing frustration, increasing poverty… etc… Growing up for me was much more simple than for my children. Growth hormones in food put young children in overdrive raising their aggression levels.
Autism is on the rise to the point that the progressive rate of growth means that some day, we may not see a world where children without autism are born. Therefore, could autism be evolution? If so, yay, Damien’s going to rule the world.
Our world is in financial distress because people refuse to live within their means. They rack up debt, file bankruptcy, rack up debt, file bankruptcy, rack up debt, file bankruptcy… etc…. I actually watched a woman buy one, 1, ONE, stamp with her credit card the other day. I know it was credit because the mail clerk asked, “Debit or credit?” The woman responded, “Credit.” Me? If I cannot afford it, I put it on layaway; if it is too much for me to put on layaway, I don’t buy it. That’s why I own everything I have.
Technology seems to be hindering the creativity of children. Our children are on sensory overload. I know, it’s not a popular theory, but it is true. They have a more difficult time going to sleep which hampers creativity. They have a more difficult time figuring out things to do when they are not sitting in front of a television or computer game. They are constantly hearing and viewing things, which studies show leads to distractive characteristics. Furthermore, with so much information coming in at once, the brain has difficulty remembering information that is important. This, too, has been proven.
- If asked to give three wishes (one for yourself; one for your family; one for the world), what would yours be?
That’s an easy one. Peace, peace, and peace.
- Why do you blog?
I think all of the time; I mean ALL OF THE TIME. I decided to write it down because someday my children may actually decide I am wise. Also, I hope to bring awareness to the world that the diagnosis of autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disorder Non-Specific, and all other Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) is not the end of the world. If a child is diagnosed with any ASD, they can progress as long as the tools available to them are implemented and utilized.
- Is 2013 shaping up to be what you’ve expected?
Yes. 2013 is exactly as I expected. Our world is one full of radicals that do not understand the true meaning of existence and co-existence.
- What would you like to know about Autism?
Why? I would not change Damien for the world. I just want to understand why.
- How can people’s awareness of Autism be increased?
As I stated earlier, autism is not a bad thing. With no training and very little experience, I have taken a child with autism from being considered low-functioning to being considered high-functioning. However, I did not do this on my own. I listened to everyone, I read every book I could get my hands on, I researched autism, I utilized all therapies for Damien, and I gave him confidence in himself. I pushed him to believe that he can do anything that his brother can do, and he can. I held him to the same standards as I held his brother and cousins, who I helped to raise. His discipline was the same, and they all benefitted from me explicitly explaining what they had done, what was to be expected, and what to do differently next time. I want people to know that there is hope, and through my 16 1/2 years of hands-on mommy experience, lifetime (40 years) of exposure experience (my uncle, 11 years my elder, also has autism), and my 9 years of professional research and professional experience, I have seen that hope in growth in children with autism time and time again. Therefore, the more blogs out there with personal and life experiences, the better understanding that can be gained.
- What is the best article you have read on my blog?
Still unsure if Big Bang Theory’s Sheldon Cooper has Asperger’s Syndrome or not? Check out these clips
~ I believe with my heart and soul that Sheldon has Asperger’s.
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
- If you were the leader of your country, what would be the first thing you do?
- Is there anything that you would like to know about me?
- Do you eat evolved dinosaurs? (A Damien question)
- Have you traveled to anywhere exotic?
- Are you content with your life?
- How do you cope with difficult situations.
- Why do you blog?
- Where is the one place in your life you chose to go?
- When do you take a break from parenting or other responsibilities?
- What do you think will happen if the financial infrastructure crashes, which in turn crushes the entire infrastructure of where you live?
- Who, throughout time, would you like to meet if you could?
MY 11 NOMINEES:
- Beth and Hudson Autism Wunderkinder
- BEYOND X & Y
- A Spiritual Journey
- Ink Cherry Write
- cobbled toolbox
- Wallpaper Tadka
- RD REVILO